To sign up for a volunteer shift, click here and fill in your name directly on the spreadsheet for the shift dates and times you want.
If you have trouble filling it in, email our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Here is a summary of what will be required for each shift.
Volunteer Shift 1: 3:30-5:30 PM
- Work with farmer to setup produce distribution. IMPORTANT: NO MORE THAN 4 FULL CRATES PER TABLE
- Supervise produce distribution. Remind members to sign in before taking produce.
- Keep tables and ground clean
- Consolidate produce as necessary
- As crates empty, move replacements from under tables. Fold empty crates and stack in safe location to prepare for storage
- Respond to passersby about CSA and get their names and contact info so we can get in touch with them.
Volunteer Shift 2: 5:30-7:30 PM
- Supervise produce distribution, same as Shift 1
- Prepare for move to storage: as tables/supplies/crates are ready, clean, fold, stack, consolidate
- Clean and sweep site area.
- Organize all CSA items and work as a team to move CSA belongings to allotted storage space in basement.
- DISTRIBUTION ENDS AT 7PM SHARP.
- Combine all pre-bagged member produce that hasn’t been picked up by 7pm with surplus in preparation for donating.
- Designated volunteer calls Andre (surplus pick up person) to confirm time of arrival.
- Volunteers: a) review the site for cleanliness and appearance, b) pack surplus in clear plastic bags including all pre-bagged shares that aren’t picked up by 7pm for 7:10 pick up, c) assist Andre on arrival. IMPORTANT; THE AGENCY THAT SENDS ANDRE NEEDS US TO SUPPORT HIS LEAVING OUR SITE ON SCHEDULE SO BAGS OF SURPLUS MUST BE READY BY THE TIME HE ARRIVES!
- Close up the site. Tasks include: cleaning and folding tables, cleaning/unfolding/stacking crates and cleaning/organizing other CSA belongings, sweeping, moving all CSA tables/chairs/boxes with supplies to allotted storage space in store basement. IMPORTANT; PRODUCE ON GROUND CAN BE SLIPPERY AND MAY CAUSE FALLS. Review the site for cleanliness and appearance. Make sure nothing is left behind on Columbus Avenue and that our trash is cleared.
Please take this responsibility seriously as we are completely volunteer staffed. Because volunteering is so essential to our ability to function, we reserve the right to withhold your vegetables if you don’t meet your responsibilities. If you discover you cannot make it to a shift for which you’ve committed previously, you are still responsible for making sure that the shift is covered. You can send a friend or housemate or your share partner in your place or see if another CSA member is willing to trade with you.
If, after you’ve made a sincere effort to cover your shift, you still haven’t been able to do so, email the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you realize you need help.